Saturday, December 20, 2008

Jingle Balls

Happy Holidays! I spent the day making cookies and preparing festive food with my mom. Mostly, she entertained a friend and decorated cookies. It was a good time anyway...for some reason I feel like I accomplished a lot today? I guess we did go grocery shopping at two grocery stores, rented movies, and bought a torch to make baked alaskas. I didn't write though. I didn't revise the piece I just wrote for Missbehave. Oh well. I think I'm just starting to get comfortable with this being home thing. Not seeing anyone at all but my mother seems to help. So my mom wanted to watch this movie called Far North because she heard it was good. It was about these cute eskimos who have to move around the tundra a bunch or some whiteys will kill them. Then they find a nearly dead whitey who they both fall in love with. The younger eskimo says they're going to run away together, so older eskimo cuts off her fucking face and wears it!!!! wtf! I totally didn't see it coming and there needs to be warnings on movies if that shit's going down! Right? So then we had to watch a whole 'nother movie to get the awful awful image unburned from our tender corneas. So we watched an Audrey Tautou movie called Priceless. It's adorable and kinda like Amelie, except she's a gold-digging fashion horse! The other night, my friend Alex and I went to every bar in Santa Fe for drinks. I don't really remember paying for them...but I'm sure I did. Kinda sure. I vaguely remember reading someone else's Playboy and then kissing Alex at the bar. It probably looked a lot like the kiss above only less hot, with more falling, and without facecutter watching from a distance. I need someone who's not my platonic best friend to make out with...I've got my eyes on the produce guy at this hippie grocery store but I'm pretty sure he has a wallet chain and a bowl cut. I bet he tastes like sixth grade. I also ran into a director/screenwriter I used to work with way back when I donned costumes and pretended to be anyone but myself...oh I guess I'm still doing that...anyway, he's going through a divorce and I'm wondering if it would be sketchy if I asked him to coffee. Not that I want to undress him with my teeth or anything. But it's kind of weird being of a more "adult" age and not knowing how to relate to those who've been adults for a bit longer. I have no idea how he envisions me now. Am I still a sixteen-year-old drama geek in his eyes? Or a 25-year-old straight-out geek? On an unrelated note, here's my bee tattoo!

9 comments:

  1. A - I love your bee tattoo! Super cute!
    B - That movie sounds slightly disturbing and traumatizing! I would have needed to watch Nick Jr right after to even think of sleeping without nightmares! WTF is right!
    C - Olivia, you are a geek, and it is totally charming and awesome. I used to deny it myself, but when my bf found my favorite episode of Cowboy Bebop on tape that I put in a silk bag so it would never get damaged, I had to own up. Remember what God said? The geek will inherit the earth!
    4 - Oh and you can't help how people perceive you. The fact that you will rarely ever know how people choose to look at you (unless they tell you, duh) is what makes being yourself so exciting! ...I sound like an after school special. I'm going to go do some blow now to get that feeling out of me!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's Eskimo love you're after, matey, I highly recommend 'Lovers of the Arctic Circle.'

    The only reason I even know this is that one night I came home really late/early from a party and I was still too 'amped' to go to sleep. I turned on the tube and this movie was already 20 minutes in or so. I think I ended up sobbing. It has something to do with this Eskimo boy being displaced from his tribe and being poked and prodded in the civilized world meanwhile he falls in love with someone who is sort of related (not quite sure). It was a complete accident and I must say I was truly moved. Not sure if it had anything to do with the toxic cocktail pumping through my veins, but it is winter and I think it's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm, wallet chains and teeth undressing...sounds like the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man. you dont know how my heart dropped. a friend sent me cacoethes scribendi a few weeks ago - and i immediately thought to get it in on the wrist of the hand i write with in a caligraphy font -- then i saw your blog. & of course my heart fell out of my chest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going for typewriter font. Totally fell in love the second I found the phrase! You should probably get it anyway! I approve...obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bee tattoo!

    Is he about to divorce, or did he just divorce? I think I would wait until he actually divorces with his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  8. about to divorce...also i don't think i could do it. i'm gonna stick to guys i've already made out with! yay!

    ReplyDelete