Sunday, January 4, 2009

I don't feel any different: This is not a love song

The new year. It's common for people to make outlandish promises to themselves with no intentions of following through. I never bother because I want the same things every year and I know perfectly well that they would happen if I put forth any effort. This year, I want to get a fantastic job , eat more vegetables, try new things, live without fear of failing, and make fun friends in LA. I read my astrologyzone today, which had a hopeful view of the next two months! Except I know a bunch of virgos and there's no way we're all gonna be happy. I'm in Minnesota at Mayo Clinic with my mom, she's asleep under the polyester bed-spread next to me, snoring lightly. I'm supposed to be taking care of her but have been stricken with a sore-throat and case of new year-paranoia. I'll be up at 6:30am to hit the hospital.

2 comments: