Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hip Teens Don't Wear Blue Jeans

In preparation for my move to LA, where I'll be living (at least at first...if not FOREVER) with Sarah Morrison and my new friend Erika Paget (woohoo!), I've been planning a wardrobe and beauty makeover! It is imperative that I plan who I want to be and what my shoes, impending homelessness, job, and hair color will say about me. I bought some LUSH bright red henna...cause my usually strawberry blonde is starting to look strawberry erm...green? It looks like a giant green block of chocolate...but I guess once I melt it down I'll be on my way to Jessica Rabbit locks in no time? My mom and I bought a CHANEL suit to share (I get the skirt and belt!!! Mom gets the jacket...terribly on sale of course), I'm not sure how I managed this...I think my mom saw the sparkle in my eye when I asked her to take my picture in it. I got some great pencil skirts at J.Crew and may I say, they've REALLY upped their style, they must have gotten all new designers! I've also had my eyes on these Moscot nerd frames...Lesley Arfin and Brooke have some like them and I'm way jealous. Too bad my eyes are damn near perfect. Maybe I'll spend more time reading in the dark? I have no idea what I'll be doing. I'm going to send applications out to various magazines in LA (Flaunt, Mean Magazine) and to some Talent Agencies, TV/Film Production companies...but I really don't want to have to start at the bottom again after three years in magazines! Jesus...three years. I've been throwing around all sorts of other ideas...Sarah Mo and I need a reality tv show, we could write a roadtrip book, or a tell-all magazine book, or what it's like to live in a trailer, or we can both work at Cinespace. OOOORRR, I could open a hunting lodge-themed bar (where I would serve awesome bar food like homemade beef jerkey, soups, and homemade goat cheeses) or (as my dad wishes) a bakery/catering company...but the last two require tricking someone into giving me large amounts of money and perhaps figuring out whether LA is the right place for me to settle down for a spell. I'm terrified, excited, and terrified again! Any words of advice? Career advice? LA advice? Fashion/beauty advice? Should I just jump in and see what happens and stop stressing? Please say it's that one...

4 comments:

  1. Brooke's are fake! I think the bright red hair is a good way to go...very Christiane F. Job-wise, I think you'd be a good personal assistant for Clark Duke. xo arf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Olivia! I'm so excited! You could totally move to Echo Park and start a food related company no prob. Hipsters will pay anything for non-diet food! I think red hair will be perfect for LA...no one else has it!

    Good luck with the job search but someone with your credentials won't be unemployed for long. And if you really need work, you can go to the dry cleaner's I used to work at in W Hollywood! Min wage and a 30 min lunch for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH WORK AT CINESPACE.

    Hahahaha.

    But first you must drag Sarah Morrison out of Texas.

    ReplyDelete